Quantitative Python Developer
We are looking for Quantitative Python Developers for our multinational client operating in the finance industry.
You will join a team of highly skilled developers in Budapest and work with global teams to provide cross-asset analytical and testing tools which are used for pricing securities and risk managing the company’s positions.
You are ideal for the position if you have outstanding Python knowledge, and proven track record of development of Python based libraries or software infrastructure.
Previous experience working on financial regulatory projects are considered an advantage.
The role will involve tasks such as
- Development of cross-asset analytical and testing tools
- Web frontend development for aggregated data, usage analytics, centralized control
- Work on cross asset data analytics projects
- Work on Regulatory and Governance based projects across a range of the asset classes
- Standardize existing solutions into a coherent application stack
The work will involve daily contact with the teams in London and/or New York and offers an excellent environment in which you work alongside top professionals across these disciplines to get a broad understanding of the business.
Extensive training will be given and it is expected that some of this will require some travel to London for a few days at a time for the first 3-6 months as a minimum.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good command of programming Python
- Proven track record of development of python based libraries or software infrastructure
- Understanding unit testing, regression testing concepts
- Previous experience working on Regulatory based projects such as Model Risk, Basel III, Stress Testing, CCAR, PAA an advantage
- Knowledge or experience of web frontend development is an advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Outstanding Python knowledge
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux development
- Ability to implement industry best practice
- Ability to take ownership and proactively follow up on issues
- Ability to work in a team and to work well under pressure in a Front-Office environment
- BSc / MSc in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science
Place of work: Budapest