The Python/C++ developer is responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
As a Python/C++ developer you will
- conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- fluent English knowledge
- university/college degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience – C++ is desired, Python is a must for most of our work
- C++/Python design and development skills with thorough understanding of STL, design patterns, multi-threading and software development paradigms in Windows and Unix environment.
- knowledge of SQL and database concepts, Google Protobuf, Messaging like JTIBCO, MQ, Shell, PERL, Linux/UNIX
- prior financial or risk domain experience
- prior exposure to Market Risk domain and understanding of VaR, valuation engines, Time-Series
- familiarity with build, deployment and debugging processes
- knowledge of financial products and industry fundamentals
- experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- friendly work atmosphere
- competitive compensation package
- flexible work arrangements