Lead Project Manager – Finance
Join us, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
- The role will lead / oversee delivery / execution of one or more project workstreams within these initiatives.
- This cross functional leadership role sits within the Global Product Control Programme Leadership group, which runs a number of cross functional regulatory Initiatives involving Finance, as well as specific Product Control projects, aligned with the Finance Transformation and Governance organisation.
- This is a highly visible leadership role, with exposure to global senior business and functional leadership.
PM / PMO responsibilities include:
- Programme and Project Leadership & management
- Accountable for delivery and governance of multiple cross-functional workstreams
- Leads, influences, drives and sets regional approach / strategy, within global frameworks
- Will face off to global Senior Finance and functional / business management
- May manage a small team of project managers
- Organise and plan the activities required to deliver against the workstream objectives and scope, for assigning accountability for delivery, implement tracking and monitoring processes, communicating and reporting status of the workstream
- Develop workstream reporting structure (cadence, management and reporting setup, issues / risk tracking / escalation, scorecard / metrics, budget tracking), aligned with initiative / programme requirements
- Facilitate and lead regular working groups to manage the workstream delivery, as needed
- Participate in internal and external audits related to controls, governance, and integration points
- Provide credible challenge to the individual work streams / projects on their plans, delivery and documentation
What will you need:
- Extensive years of relevant work experience
- Proven programme / project management / delivery experience
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management
- Experience with enterprise program management tools and processes
- Experience of forming an efficient and strong project management structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, to lead program delivery
- A Risk mitigation mindset is required – to identify, anticipate, challenge, mitigate and manage risks to delivery
- Expert communication skills in English and Hungarian (written and oral)
It is important that the following key characteristics can be clearly demonstrated, based on previous experience:
- A well-motivated, well-organized self-starter, the successful candidate will be able to lead, coordinate and drive medium- sized project teams, including representatives from a variety of areas across the organization, sometimes for initiatives lasting several months;
- Someone who can think through a problem;
- Someone who is comfortable in the detail;
- The ability to assimilate data and to reach well thought out decisions;
- Someone who can successfully manage strategic initiatives towards the timely achievement of their stated objectives
- Requires minimal supervision
- PMP or other Project Management certification
- Consulting or project background
- Strong analytical skills required, experience with budgets and financial analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel and standard project management tools (LPMT, MS Project, PTS-W)
What are we offer?
This role provides an excellent opportunity to see and learn how the many different areas of an Investment Bank work together. Opportunity to work with a large number of people from different functions.