Lead Java Cloud Developer
We're looking for a Java Technical Lead with proven experience building robust, high-performance, large-scale applications.
Our partner's credit risk system provides calculation, reporting and risk management functionality to all asset classes across the bank. It is a complex, large-scale distributed system, implemented in Java, running thousands of calculation jobs each day. It is now time to migrate this system to a modern Cloud platform, taking the opportunity to improve performance, resilience and supportability. This multi-year effort will be enabled by a substantial investment in the core technology team
What will you do?
- As an individual contributor, deliver high-performance distributed Java software, onto internal & external cloud platforms(this includes the full software development lifecycle, although you will be supported by dedicated business analysis, testing and operational staff)
- Provide technical leadership to the wider team of Software Engineers/Analyst Developers using advanced knowledge of application development.
- Design components and APIs, participate in code reviews and ensure the delivered application meets all necessary standards and best practices.
- Refine our coding standards, test procedures and engineering processes. Apply appropriate due diligence and professional standards to all decisions, complying with regulations and firm policies.
- Collaborate with other teams: developers within and beyond the system, analysis and support staff, stakeholders and users across multiple asset classes, and cross-asset technology teams.
- Mentor and coach junior to mid-level developers and analysts, helping build the overall engineering capabilities of the team.
- Participate in the hiring process.
Your ideal backgorund:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
7-10 years Core Java experience developing robust, scalable and maintainable applications applying Object Oriented Design principles
Knowledge of Spring Framework: including Core, Integration, Batch, JDBC, Hibernate.
5+ years working in large global enterprises – ideally finance. Candidates with less Java experience will be considered if they have experience working as a Developer for investment banking software, using C++, Scala or similar languages
Distributed Caching frameworks such as Hazelcast, Oracle Coherence, Redis or equivalent. Alternatively, Big Data frameworks such as Spark
Cloud computing technologies with practical experience working with containers, microservices and large datasets (Docker, Kubernetes)
Databases – RDBMS and NoSQL (ideally Oracle and MongoDB)
Familiarity with Linux environment including shell scripting.
Standard SDLC stack : Git/BitBucket, CI/CD pipeline frameworks such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA, Any secure coding toolkits.
Experience with Agile software development processes, in particular test driven development.
Third-line support of large applications, including troubleshooting production issues
Excellent English skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a large global team and influence key architectural decision
- Master's degree in a STEM discipline
- Understanding of the investment banking domain
What can our partner offer?
- Competitive compensations package with added benefits:
- Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms in our buildings
- Pension Plan Contribution to Voluntary Pension Fund
- Group Life Insurance
- Opportunity to progress to vice president/team lead positions
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment
- Growth and career opportunity within the company
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (home office)
Place of work: Budapest