Associate/Senior Java Cloud Developer
We are looking for Medior/Senior Java Developers with experience in the finance industry and/or delivering microservices on cloud platforms.
Our partner's credit risk system provides calculation, reporting and risk management functionality to all asset classes across the bank. It is a complex, large-scale distributed system, implemented in Java, running thousands of calculation jobs each day. It is now time to migrate this system to a modern Cloud platform, taking the opportunity to improve performance, resilience and supportability. This multi-year effort will be enabled by a substantial investment in the core technology team.
What will you do in this position?
- Deliver modern high-performance Java software suitable for use on cloud platforms, supporting critical trading workflows (this includes the full software development lifecycle, although you will be supported by dedicated business analysis, testing and operational staff.
- Work independently, performing detailed design of components and APIs.
- Participate in code reviews and pre-release quality assurance.
- Apply appropriate due diligence and professional standards to all decisions, complying with regulations and firm policies.
- Collaborate with other teams: developers within and beyond the system, analysis and support staff, stakeholders and users across multiple asset classes, and cross-asset technology teams.
- Mentor and coach junior developers as needed.
What will you need?
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
- Core Java experience (developing robust, scalable and maintainable applications and applying Object Oriented Design principles)
- 3+ years of experience is required for the intermediate level roles
- 5-7 years of experience is required for the senior level roles
- Knowledge of Spring Framework: any of Core, Integration, Batch, JDBC, Hibernate
- Exposure to cloud computing technologies (e.g. have used Docker or AWS).
- Databases: at least basic SQL proficiency, understanding of NoSQL principles.
- Familiarity with Linux environment including shell scripting
- Standard SDLC stack : Git/BitBucket, CI/CD pipeline frameworks such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA.
- Working experience from a large global organization
- Excellent English skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with Agile software development processes, in particular test driven development.
- Third-line support of large applications, including troubleshooting production issues.
- Master's degree in a STEM discipline
- Knowledge of distributed memory caching and/or big data platforms (e.g. Spark) is a major advantage.
- Financial/banking experience
- Understanding of the investment banking domain
- Candidates with less Java experience will be considered if they have 2+ years working in finance using C++, Scala or similar languages
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL (ideally Oracle and MongoDB)
What can our partner offer?
- Competitive compensations package with added benefits:
- Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms in our buildings
- Pension Plan Contribution to Voluntary Pension Fund
- Group Life Insurance
- Opportunity to progress to vice president/team lead positions
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment
- Growth and career opportunity within the company
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (home office)
Place of work: Budapest